- Language: Farsi, Eastern
- Alternate names: Persian, Dari, Parsi
- SIL-code: Ethnologue:prs
- Language family: Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Southwestern, Persian
- Number of speakers: 7,600,000 (Language use: Definitely Endangered)
- Script: Arabic script
Dari (Farsi, Eastern) is a member of the Iranian branch of the Indo-European language family. Dari is the name given to classical Persian poetry and court language, as well as to Persian dialects spoken in Afghanistan.
Unlike many other Iranian languages, Dari has lost most of its noun and verb inflections.
Verbs are conjugated by adding prefixes and suffixes to indicate tense, mood, and person.
- http://www.transparent.com/learn-dari/overview.html(approve sites)
- The Dari Language Project(approve sites); 2004 Fieldwork Endeavor. Summary of Findings.