On this page... (hide)
Baza (A.K.A., "Inter-esperanto") is a simple, international language with the following functions:
- Baza is an International Auxiliary Language, used as a second, neutral language for world communication.
- Baza, also known as Inter-esperanto, functions as a simple, basic language that can unite the speaking communities of Esperanto, Ido, Mondlango?, and other Esperanto derived lanuages.
- Although a language in itself, Baza can also simple be a stepping stone language, learned prior to studying traditional Esperanto, Ido, Modlango, and other Esperanto-based language systems.
Baza derives its vocabulary and grammar from Esperanto, but begins by greatly reducing the number of core words and simplifying the grammar, making it more universal in nature to the entire family of Esperanto-inspired languages.
A B C Ĉ D E F G Ĝ H Ĥ I J Ĵ K L M N O P R S Ŝ T U Ŭ V Z
a b c ĉ d e f g ĝ h ĥ i j ĵ k l m n o p r s ŝ t u ŭ v z
The consonants are pronounced similar to standard English. Exceptions are as follows:
- c ts as in dance. Pronounce the ‘t’ and then the ‘c’.
- ĉ ch as in chop
- g 'hard' g as in go
- ĝ 'soft' g as in George
- ĥ ch in Scottish loch
- j y as in yam
- ĵ is like s in pleasure
- s always like s in sip
- ŝ sh as in shell
- ŭ w as in west
Verb endings are '-as' (present), '-is' (past), and '-os' (future).
Check the list of 150+ Inter-esperanto verbs too!
- http://divinitychurch.tripod.com/interesperanto/(approve sites)